#158 - Lists.

Motto: If you are listless, you lack energy or enthusiasm. Prepare for energy and enthusiasm.


There are several different ways people refer to me:
  • Tall guy
  • Goofy guy
  • Really tall guy
But nobody ever says:
  • Handsome guy
  • Mr. Macho
  • The Listmaker
... which is a shame. At least one of the three of those is dead-on accurate.

This Column is full of lists. Some of these lists will be from previous Columns, but I wanted to be thorough. Here's a list of the lists that you'll find if you decide to keep reading:
  • Ways people tend to refer to me
  • Ways people should refer to me
  • List of lists
  • Big wedding details that Melissa and I have already taken care of
  • List of television shows of which I've seen every episode
  • List of phones I've owned
  • List of consumer products I endorse
  • List of the contents of my messenger bag
  • Top 15: Life Pro Tips
Melissa and I have finally reached the point where I feel comfortable saying "we've got pretty much all the big stuff taken care of when it comes to our wedding." While we are still a long ways from done (we've got a lot to do in the next month), we can at least say we've taken care of the following:We've got all the biggest wedding details done. This includes:
  • Date
  • Time
  • Wedding site
  • Reception site
  • Photographer
  • Officiant
  • Dress
  • Tuxes
  • Bridesmaids dresses
  • Bridesmaids & groomsmen
  • Immediate family outfits
  • Rental crap
  • Caterer
  • Band
  • Hotel
  • Photobooth
  • Party bus
  • Cake
  • Floral
  • Makeup
  • Hair (different from makeup somehow)
  • Rings
  • Honeymoon
  • Flights
  • Invitations
  • RVSPs
  • Save the Dates
  • Website
There won't be many segways between these lists. I don't know how to transition from wedding details to television shows gracefully. Gracefully. Will & Grace. Here's a list of television shows of which I've seen every episode:
  • NOT Will & Grace - I just wanted to make that clear
  • Scrubs
  • Lost
  • Breaking Bad
  • Family Guy*
  • Futurama
  • Modern Family*
  • Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.*
  • Parks & Recreation*
  • The Office
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine*
  • Community*
* The six shows denoted with an asterisk are currently in production - but I've still seen every episode of them. I didn't realize I'm keeping current on 6 different shows. That seems excessive.

I have owned the following phones (listed from oldest to newest):
  • Unnamed Motorola flip phone
  • Motorola Droid
  • HTZ Rezound (for 2 weeks)
  • Galaxy Nexus
  • Nexus 4
  • Nexus 5
The following is a list of consumer products that I, Aaron Gillespie, publicly endorse:

  • Nalgene 
  • Timbuk2 Bags
  • Leatherman Multitools
  • Casio G-Shock Watches
  • Converse Shoes
  • Papermate Flair Pens
  • Moleskine Notebooks
  • Google Services (all)
  • Nexus Phones
  • Boulevard Wheat Beer
  • Rubber Duckies, any brand
  • GoPro Cameras
  • Pelican Cases
  • KeePass & TrueCrypt Programs
  • Dominion
That was basically the entirety of Column #142. Thanks for rereading that.

The following is a complete list of the contents of my messenger bag (before I sat down at this table):
  • Black Moleskine notebook
  • Black Papermate Flair pen
  • Black Sharpie
  • Black Kensington 8GB flash drive
  • Black Nexus 4 earbuds (these are a thing)
  • Black earbud bag
  • Black external batter/laser pointer
  • My work ID
  • Short microUSB cable (tied with gear tie)
  • Long microUSB cable (tied with gear tie)
  • USB outlet base
  • Timbuk2 cross strap (tied with gear tie)
  • Spare gear tie
  • Nalgene
  • Eye drops
  • Cuticle nippers
  • Toshiba Chromebook
  • Streamlight flashlight
  • Leatherman Fuse mutlitool
  • And, because I'm not wearing shorts with pockets - my phone, wallet, & keys
That's enough. Here's the picture to go out on - secret extra list! (this list is out of date)


Top 15: Life Pro Tips
15. Know thyself.
14. Regulate sleeping & eating.
13. Also regulate how you spend your money & time.
12. Do aerobic & anaerobic exercises.
11. Carry a waterbottle.
10. Google it.
9. Know how to use tools.
8. Backup your computer.
7. Get health insurance.
6. Don't live near an active volcano.
5. Get a smartphone off contract. Save hundreds & enjoy freedom.
4. Use different passwords for everything. Manage them using Lastpass or Keepass.
3. Don't buy crappy food at the grocery store and you won't eat crappy food at home.
2. You don't workout because you have energy; do it because it gives you energy.
1. Date the right person. If it isn't the right person, don't date them.


Quote:
“People who do a lot get a lot done”
- Arnold schwarzenegger, on the Nerdist Podcast -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.