#372 - Gillespie Summer Vacation 2019

Motto: This is essentially just Facebook

My little family unit just took our first 3-person vacation... and we liked it so much we decided to go for immediate seconds.

We spent 3 days, 4 nights in lovely lovely Las Vegas - in a way super holy cow nice house with a way super holy cow nice family. We saw the Strip, where we ran into a pair of old friends from a cruise. We met up with the Best Man. We hung out by the pool and drank delicious beverages and ate ice cream like we were kids. We were kids, and it was super nice. The kind of nice that makes you realize you’re doing things right in this world.
On what was scheduled to be our last full day of the trip, we decided to change our flight home. Rather than leaving from Vegas, we would leave from San Diego. Then we rented a car to get down there. Driving they the Mojave Desert listening to the score from the movie Rango was super fun.

Turns out it’s cold in San Diego. If you’re packed for 100 degree Vegas, you may not be perfectly suited to go to 69 degree San Diego. That said, it was San Diego. The weather goes from “on the colder side of really nice” to “on the warmer side of really nice.” We had a chilly day on the beach, an awesome day at the worlds best Zoo, and a cathartic “last day of it all” day by the pool in the hotel.
Overall, 9.75/10. Maybe pack and a long sleeve shirt just in case. Oh and don’t actively have fevers for the first 2 full days of your vacation.


I could picture myself living in the southwest at some point in the future. Or not. Who knows? I wrote this whole post on my phone in a plane, so don't judge me.

I wanted to also write my lament about Google Keep and how it represents the nexus between so many things I love, yet I cannot find a way to incorporate it into my life in a satisfactory way. That can be another day. Or never.

Top 5: Pictures from the Trip
5. I took this picture of the Strip from the Presidential Suite in Trump TowerDisplaying Top 5: Vacation Photos

4. The Mojave - this picture was taken in 106 degree weather that felt like maybe high-80s


3. Griffin got to feel the ocean before he turned 1 

2. I love this picture. Griffin hair + sunscreen

1. Happiness in a picture

Note:
I'm blaming my illness for the first few days of the vacation for the fact that I don't have a photo of us with our hosts, the Fullers. They deserve to be in 2.5 of these photos at a minimum. I'm sure they are devastated and this little footnote is the least I can do.

Quote:
"I think it's the 4th Law of Thermodynamics that carseats don't work at 3am before you get in an Uber"
- Our Lyft driver, Roy, as I struggled to get the carseat situated in his Prius -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.