#1 - Why do this thing again?

Hello there.


I decided to roll back to a previous habit in my life - this thing I did during high school to help pass the time and get my thoughts out of my head. I wrote them down on the internet (web) on some sort of a log (log). Basically, I am a hipster blogger. I blogged before blogging was cool. Before “microblogging” (twitter), before Facebook permeated everything about everybody’s online lives. I wanted something to get thoughts out of my head so I could move on with my day. This is why I had a column in high school. I posted stuff I thought about and a respectable number of people (read:2) would sometimes read it.


I got into college about five years ago and quickly found out I wasn’t bored enough to write much anymore. Most of my time was spent trying to understand calculus and physics or hanging out with my roommate/girlfriend. The importance of sitting down to write a formalized list of my thoughts and what’s been happening diminished with increasing levels of “whoa, I have other stuff to do!”


However, with changing times, life circumstances, technology, and social trends it seems possible again to go back to my old ways.


Tumblr Blogger + Android Phone ubiquity + smaller scope blogging + finally learning how to manage time = ability to start writing some again.


So, I decided to restart this thing I used to do… Slightly modified, of course.


I can’t tell you a lot about what this is going to ‘be’ or ‘do’, but I can tell you that it’s going to evolve into something and accomplish something. Even if that something is nothing.


Logical contradictions included free of charge.





Self-Interview:


Q) So, why now?


Because I can. Because I realized that Tumblr is perfect for what I had in mind.


Q) What’s different now from before?


I’m older.


Q) Why do this thing again?


Because I felt like it. I can’t explain why. Get off my back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.