#143 - Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

Motto: I just now learned Timbuktu is a real place

August 1st, 2014: I turn 25, my second second-a-day video will be complete, and, even more importantly, the Guardians of the Galaxy are coming.

Is coming?

That question just lead me to a solid 15 minute Wikipedia session on clauses - even though the question I posed wasn't really a matter of clauses... I don't think.

Back on track -

Guardians of the Galaxy is the next chapter in Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It falls between Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4th) and The Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015). Guardians has the distinction of being the only movie from Phase 2 not to be based around a franchise hero established previously during Phase 1. Some might consider that a risky move by Marvel; but it's a very necessary move if they want to keep making movies much into the future. There can only be so man Iron Man movies.

As if it weren't risky enough to be making a movie not based around an already well-established superhero, Marvel chose to move forward with a team of heroes that almost nobody had ever heard of: The Guardians of the Galaxy. A team that features a genetically modified raccoon, a tree-like humanoid, a green lady assassin, a guy who looks like Kratos from God of War, and a guy named "Star Lord".

Cast looks fantastic, track record for these movies is stellar, and this is its trailer:




This is what I felt like watching that trailer:




Top 5: Steps to Rid My Life of Microsoft Windows
1. Purchase first new Chromebook that doesn't require some major compromise
2. Install Ubuntu 14.04 on said Chromebook (using Crouton) and my main computer
3. Find a Linux-based video editing solution
4. August's 30 Day Challenge: Don't use Microsoft products
5. Eventually realize that you're using Linux
not because you have to, not because a covenant tells you to, but because you know in your heart that you want to

Quote:
“I'm sorry. I didn't know how this machine worked”
- Star Lord -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.