#146 - New Rotation

Motto: The Times, They are a Changing

September 2012 I started my first real job. I entered into an engineering technical development rotation program. For the past year and a half, I've driven around inspecting telecommunications equipment in offices scattered throughout the Midwest. I enjoyed the work. I enjoyed the work - and I was good at it. I gained a high level understand of what makes our cell phones and the internet tick. I learned how a data center should look, and how it shouldn't. I learned a lot and had the pleasure of working with a ton of great people. It was my first real job and I'll always remember it fondly.

The thing about rotation programs is this: your job is to change jobs. Monday morning that's exactly what I did. I woke up this morning with my game face on.



I rotated into a new job role, in a new city (sort of). While I can't say exactly what the challenges I will be facing are, I can say they will be infinitely different from those that I'm used to. It's going to be a wild and crazy ride.

And I'm ready for it.

Top 5: Internet memes I'm going to use to apply to my new rotation
5. Yo dawg, I heard you like jobs, so we put different jobs in your job so you can do jobs while you're doing your job!
4. Alright, let's do this. LEEROY JENKINS!
3. I can has new leadership roles? (I hate this meme)
2. Such new position. Much responsibility. Wow.

1. I apologize for this entire Top 5.

Quote:
“So in your old job you got to get out and drive around all day? I'm glad we could save you from that.”
- my new supervisor -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#76 - Fitness. Life Tracking System. Video.

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything