#169 - Wedding Talk

Motto: That's MR. Gillespie to you.


The original title for this post was "No Wedding Talk". I opened the Column with 3 paragraphs talking about how I wasn't going to talk about the wedding. When I was done I realized I didn't have anything else to say. I have erased those words. This post will be left up for the next two weeks. I should make it a good one. Marriage. The sacred vows. The beginning of a lifelong journey. The joining of a couple in the eyes of the Lord. Two becoming one. The start of a new family. The everlasting bond. A formal, written contract stating that you intend to date the same person for the rest of your life. Wedlock. The joining of a couple in the eyes of the County Judge. Going it steady. A lucrative tax setup. The intertwining of two souls. Becoming husband and wife. The fulfillment of the necessary prerequisites to have legitimate children in the eyes of the government and most of society. Matrimony. The basis of most RomComs. Taking the plunge. Settling down. Whatever you want to call it, it's happening for me in 2 days. There's a chance you are reading this after the wedding, in which case I am a married man. Wasn't the ceremony awesome? Wasn't it cool how absolutely nothing went wrong and I didn't do anything really embarrassing? I thought that was pretty sweet. I am excited, as you might guess. I'm also exhausted, nervous, anxious, and stressed, as you might have also guessed. I knew 4 years ago that Melissa was great. I knew 3 years ago that we worked really well together as a couple. I knew 2 years ago that we could make it through any situation. I knew 1 year ago that we were getting married. I wonder what I'll know 1 year from now? 2 years from now? I wonder what I'll know 10 years from now? 20?
We are putting the finishing touches on everything. We even had time to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night. That show is awesome now.

I didn't run 50 miles last month. I ran something like 15. Turns out I can't run much what with my arthritic back. I supplemented it by walking, bike riding, all that stuff. But, realistically, I've just been too preoccupied. It's basically a wash. I didn't make it. Maybe this month.

This month I will probably have another weak goal. I'll be on a honeymoon for the first 1/3rd of the month. My goal for this month is to enjoy myself. How about that?

For the next week and a half, this is me.


The main reason I was trying to write a Column that wasn't about the wedding was the Top 5 I had planned out. After 1360 XKCDs, I am finally able to put together this Top 5. Although I gave up on not writing about the wedding, I'm not giving up on posting the following.


Top 5: XKCD Fight Club References 5. Old Files - One of his "old files" is "Fight Club.wmv" 4. Fight Club - This comic is literally titled "Fight Club" 3. Model Rail - The first rule of Model Train Layouts seem familiar 2. Honor Society - The first rule of the Tautology club seem familiar 1. Spoiler Alert - the Alt-Text on this comic breaks the first two rules.

Quote:
"We should play an easier game, like I spy" - Josh, while we were bowling -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.