#289 - Another Set of Brief Selections from My Moleskine

Motto: I Write for Posterity

Three posts in three days! I'm on a roll... possibly because I'm out of my routine so fully that writing has supplanted otherwise healthy tasks like cleaning and/or exercising. Note this post is crazy-long, but hopefully more entertaining than usual. I had a good time writing it.

This post is a part deux. Part un happened on 11/11/2014 in Post #219

I have had a Moleskine notebook for over 3 years that I've written in here or there. I started looking through it tonight and realized what I've written in there is 7 to 7.128 times better than the stuff I write on here... and my first post a year a half ago didn't cover hardly any of it. WITHOUT FURTHER DUDES, LET'S BEGIN!

Every word in this sentence is English.
Every word on the next line is English.
English English English English English


----------------

(written inside of a trace of my left hand)
I am Jack's left hand. I don't do anything as well as my showoff brother.

----------------

The rest of this page is brought to you by Samuel L. Jackson.

----------------

(written by itself on a page)
I wrote this because I wanted to write something before I went to sleep.

----------------

(also written by itself on a page)
(This page left unintentionally blank)


----------------

This morning I thought to myself "I wish I wrote poetry that was more open to interpretation". Then I thought, "that was a very civilized & refined thing for me to think". 
I am a damn GENIUS

----------------

What do sheep count?
Sheep don't. They have no concept of numbers.

----------------

Theme song for the evening: 99 Red Balloons

----------------

(written on the bottom half of a half-full page)
This space is beyond drunk - it's wasted.

----------------

(editorial note: most of this stuff has already happened)
The coolest stuff to come:
Moving to Mission
Switching to a more challenging job
The weather is going to warm up
Melissa and I will get married 
We go on a honeymoon
Fun, married dates
Getting a dog
Grad school
Looking into more permanent employment 
Looking into more permanent housing

And, as always, heaven & high-fiving Jesus.

----------------

Rhymes scheme... meaning they make secret plans.

----------------

An incomplete list of things I like:
The shape of a spade
Slightly fisheyed video

This list was doomed before it began. I'm going to reclaim this page. HE'S GOING THE DISTANCE. HE'S GOING FOR SPEED.

----------------

The difference between a model & a supermodel:
Super powers.

----------------

This is the farthest I've made it into this book. Although that's basically true with every entry.

----------------

Young adult genetically altered shogun tortouises

----------------

(actually written in lower-case)
aaron in lower case
lower case is creepy
UPPER CASE KICKS ASS

----------------

General Healthiness & Happiness Inequality
Quantity A:
(Pleasure of being fit) - (displeasure of eating healthy) - (displeasure of exercise)

Quantity B:
(pleasure of eating anything) + (pleasure of being lazy) - (displeasure of being fat)

Which do you believe?
Quantity A > Quantity B
Quantity A < Quantity B
Quantity A = Quantity B

If A > B -> Get fit!
If A < B -> Get fat!
If A = B -> Tough call!

----------------

Why is there not "total life solution?" Just a series of products and services that make the tasks that everyone performs (or should perform) easier? 
Finance tracking & budgeting that automatically looks for tax-related items and reminds you of them come tax time - also automatically adds large purchases to an inventory for insurance purposes... and looks up warranty information and notifies you when your products are about to go out of warranty.

----------------

Another list of life tips:
- Balance amongst all things should be maintained to the best of your ability
- Never waste a day
- Yoga, cardio, strength
- You don't exercise because you have the energy, you exercise because it gives you the energy
- Find a hobby that you can do for free

----------------

Twins -> "MOM! MOM! WAAAH!", now in stereo!

----------------

This line was added SUPER after the fact. I'm not doing 30 Day Challenges. I'm doing 2 resolutions.
Plus I quit my job.
Plus I got a new job.
Plus I made many new friends.
Minus C
All over 2A

----------------

(three straight pages of me writing about the pros & cons of life in "the cloud")

----------------

Take all your goals, let's say you've accomplished them. What does your life look like now? What do you do every day? Week? Month?

For me... I'd be efficiently busy all the time. Downtime isn't wasted. I'd read. I'd do puzzles. I'd learn how to do (stuff). I'd exercise and appropriate amount & eat appropriate foods. I'd probably do meal prep. I would dress well. See friends just often enough. I would be able to code anything I want. I would support my wife. I would be in total control of my own body. I would write, but wouldn't talk as much. I would listen better.

(I left this one last on purpose. It's your homework. What would your life look like?)

The picture to go out on - another entry from the notebook from a long time ago:

Top 5 43: Lists Found in the Notebook that Were Not Included in This Post, from Oldest to Newest
43. List of people Melissa looks like
42. List of people I look like
41. Gift ideas
40. Things I want to do in the next 5 years
39. Every Day Carry considerations

38. Media aggregation methods
37. List of very well-made products
36. List of pieces of tech I've owned by form factor
35. Google product buy in
34. List of venues & questions for the wedding
33. Short list of things I want to do more of
32. Long-term evolution of the column (was presented as a list)
31. Things that are important
30. Things to do to cover your bases
29. Things that have happened in the several months since I last wrote
28. Future home gym components
27. Future shop components
26. 12 month-long challenges
25. Potential kids' names
24. Short list of consumer products I endorse (which is basically the same list as the "very well made" list)
23. Life commandments
22. Battlefield 4 loadouts
21. Movie bucket list
20. Short term over-the-summer goals
19. Medium term goals
18. Long term goals
17. Life-Tracker App feature idea dump
16. Cinematic universes & points of comparison
15. Things I've done all week
14. Life routine for a bit
13. Fantasy football team names
12. Fantasy football team players
11. List of Google Fit integrated apps
10. Man-garage contents
9. Essential tasks/programs for a new computer
8. EDC considerations (again)
7. Tax stuff
6. Life Tracker 3.0 Goals
5. Goals and hopes for our new place
4. To do
3. 30 Day Challenges
2. Tweaks to make things less weak
1. List of upcoming events

Quote:
"'Don't be an Oxymoron' is an experimental short story for the masses written by social-circley-renowned wordsmith Aaron Gillespie"
- what I wrote at the bottom of the poem I wrote in the notebook that later found its way into the bottom of this Column -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#258 - Feature: Notetaking Platform Anxiety

#42 - Life, The Universe, and Everything

#22 - It's my party and I'll cry to get attention.